Post by Ryuzaki on Jul 1, 2012 8:01:24 GMT
- No God Modding: Yes, this is the very first thing that you will see in almost all role playing forums. God Modding is when you make your character do something that they absolutely can’t do in their current level or when you try to manipulate and control characters that are not yours. One example of God Modding would be when your character’s Strength is of level 1 and you RP that he breaks through a wall using his fist. Also, never say you hit someone for sure. Always say that you attempted to hit him/her and give them a chance to dodge or block it. God Modding not only rips away the fun but also annoys your fellow RPers to an extent that they would lose interest in the thread.
- No Meta Gaming: This is a rule that goes hand in hand with the above. Meta Gaming is when your character knows information that they actually shouldn’t. This is generally information that the reader knows through OOC means. For example, in a fighting thread if the RPer of your opponent posts that his character is thinking of attacking your character from behind, although you know it, your character wouldn’t know it. This rule is merely common sense if you ask me.
- No Spamming: Spamming is when you post things that is totally irrelevant to the topic or when you post in a long dead thread. Please refrain from doing this. Also, do not double post unless absolutely necessary. There is an option to modify your post and you are expected to use it.
- No Flaming: Seriously, don’t go around provoking or insulting people. This includes but is not limited to, flaming, trolling, baiting, name-calling, religion bashing and member bashing. Treat people the way you want to be treated.
- Swearing: Swearing is allowed, but try and keep it as low as possible. It is fine if your character shouts out of temperament occasionally. Just make sure not almost all dialogues contain swear words.
- PG-13: This site does allow any age group to Role Play and hence there are high chances that we have ten year olds too. So, try and keep everything under PG-13. This includes but is not limited to sexual content and drug usage.
- Signature: The maximum dimensions of your signature can be 500x200. Anything higher would stretch the board and make it load slower. Let’s give those dial ups a chance too. Also please make your signature link to your character sheet. Makes things a lot easier during approvals and grading.
- Text Formatting: Yes, we all love colors, fancy fonts and styles. We do that to attract people to read our post and not to repel them. So, keep your text formatting in the moderate level. This includes but is not limited to fonts that are gigantic/thick/incomprehensible, eye hurting neon colors etc.
- Liquid Limit: So, to keep things engaging and interesting, this site allows for a character to be in three places at a time. DO NOT take up more than three threads please. You will be caught and your threads won’t be graded.
- Account Conditions: One character per account. But you are allowed to have as many accounts as you want. Your first account will be considered your primary and you are requested to list your other accounts in the Member Management from your primary account. Also, note that two or more of your characters cannot be the only people in a thread. There will be an IP Check periodically. So, all I can say is, don’t get caught.
- Staff Relations: Remember that they are staff for a reason. Although they can’t be always right, they are mostly. So, respect their decisions and don’t argue blindly. They are also people like you and they are doing this in their free time out of passion. If you think a staff was unfair to you, you are free to ask for a second opinion from another staff or report to the Head Mod or an Admin. Always remember that we are all here to have fun and keep it civilized. There isn’t a problem that can’t be solved. Also, please DON’T PM them asking for approvals and grading. It is just annoying.
- Advertising: All advertising and affiliation request must be posted in the respective section. Ads posted anywhere else will be deleted on sight. Also, posting your ad here means that you are agreeing to have our ads posted on your site.
- Personal Information: NEVER reveal any personal information to anyone else on the site. Unfortunately, you will be the only one who is responsible for any consequences that may arise if you did.
- C-Box: All the above rules that are relevant are applicable to C-Box.
- Have Fun: After all, that’s why you are here.